|Start date||May 3, 2021|
|End date||May 9, 2021|
|Declaration open||Mar 16, 2021 12:00 AM|
|Declaration deadline||May 9, 2021 12:00 AM|
VPSC is proud of the continuity we have been able to provide in the lives of our membership since the world changed in March 2020 - youth sport has never been more important for our communities' social, physical, and mental wellbeing as it is right now.
Since returning to the water in September, our club has subsidized the cost per swimmer by providing a subsidy of approximately 18% from the club’s financial reserves: in order to continue to provide high quality programming at a reasonable price, we need your help!
Our member's continued support and commitment are the reasons for our continued success since March 2020.
All proceeds raised go to the direct benefit of the entire VPSC membership!
Your support with the Swim-A-Thon will directly affect our ability to continue providing safe and affordable training for our members. Programming is designed to not only enable success at the local, provincial, and national levels, it also allows ALL our swimmers at all levels to continue to improve and pursue their love of the sport.
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $60,000
To reach our fundraising goal, the prize amounts we have set for each individual swimmer are as follows:
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: $250
- YOUTH GROUPS: $300
- JUNIOR GROUPS & SENIOR 3: $400
- SENIOR 1& 2 GROUPS: $500
To create your fundraising account, visit our website HERE and select SWIMMER REGISTRATION.
- The Swim-A-Thon event will take place during regular group practice times the week of May 8th, 2021 - see below for dates
- Swimmers will be challenged to swim as far as possible in one hour
- Swimmers are welcome to collect pledges tied to their total distance (for example, encouraging donors to pledge $2 for every 100m completed)
- Swimmers unable to participate on the day of may be permitted to attempt the challenge during another practice time decided by their coach.
DATES FOR SWIMS:
- Bronze & Gold 1: Thursday May 6th
- Silver & Gold 2: Weds May 5th
- All Senior, Junior, & Youth Groups: Saturday May 8th
Email coach Kennedy at email@example.com with any questions.